Oh my goodness, what an autumn it has been so far! The Savage family hit the ground running this season – we’ve had so many rehearsals performances, activities, and tons and tons of things in between, and it has been AWESOME. We’ve discovered a ton of new, wonderful things this fall and I’m super excited to share them with you all! (This post contains affiliate links)
Food & Drink
- Fall in Love Coffee has been my absolute favorite drink discovery of the month. My coworkers bought it for the office at work and I was so in love, I immediately went and picked up a bag of my own. To be honest (don’t hate me!) I’ve never really been a huge pumpkin spice person, but you guys — this coffee is BOSS. It’s totally an exception to the rule. If you’re a coffee fan and a fall fan, you need this in your life!
- Okay, so this is a little embarrassing but I’ve honestly never been a great cook. Well, it’s not that I’m BAD at it (I don’t burn toast or whatever) but I just never got a ton of practice – when Christopher and I met he was already doing the “single dad” thing, so he was used to cooking, and I just got spoiled from there, I guess. But the thing is, I WANT to get better at it. Enter: HelloFresh. If you don’t know what that is (which would be weird, honestly, but I’m not here to judge) HelloFresh is a company that delivers recipes along with the exact items and portions needed to create those meals – no more, no less. This has been AMAZING for me as I start to really learn some of the basics (again, embarrassing) and start to realize that cooking is actually kind of fun after all, I just needed a little practice! Apparently if you try HelloFresh for the firs time using this link, you will get $40 off your first box and I will get $20 off my next box, so that’s awesome. But honestly if you just wanna look them up separately and give them a try, go for it and tell me how you like it!! I definitely won’t get it forever, of course, but it’s been a really great way to ease me in to cooking and also trying new things!
Clothes & Accessories
- I actually talked about these guys on my facebook page recently, but I’m genuinely in love with them, so they’re getting a mention here, too! These leggings are absolutely in my top ten clothing items – they are versatile, NOT SEE-THROUGH, comfortable, and super cute! Seriously, I wear these several times a week. Including right now. And yesterday. (No shame in my game.) They are the greatest plain-black leggings I’ve found and THEY ARE $17!!! I need another pair or two, for sure.
- We also were able to order some incredible family sweatshirts (because we’re totally those people) from Texas Star Embroidery and Screen Print and we are so in love. The process was super simple and speedy and I would highly recommend contacting them for any personalizing you may need – the shipping from TX to NH was a little steeper than is maybe ideal, which is to be expected, but Riley from Texas Star was able to work with us to give us the cheapest, quickest option possible! Highly, highly recommend this company and I’ll absolutely use them again in the future if the need arises!
Home & Lifestyle
- We’re slowly but surely trying to make our rental house into a more homey space, and sometimes that means adjusting little details to get things just right. This might sound weird, but honestly I find foam soap dispensers to be approximately 70% better than non-foam soap dispensers. It’s just the truth. So we made the switch in our bathroom (we bought this one but there are lots of other cute ones online too!) and if I ever needed proof that life is in the little things, here it is! I actually really enjoy washing my hands and we’ve had this guy for at least two months now! Totally random, simple pleasure but I love it and had to share!
- This fall I also did something totally out of character for me — this science-loving, holistic-skeptic woman decided to bite the bullet and try essential oils! Now listen, I’m still not 100% sure that I’m on board with everything people claim to gain from using these things, but homegirl deals with a lot of anxiety and, to be honest, I figured it was worth a try. It’s too soon to tell whether they’re working for me or not, since I JUST got them less than two weeks ago, BUT DANG MY HOUSE SMELLS SO GOOD NOW!!! And I’ve totally found myself calming down and reaching for an anxiety blend whenever I start to feel overwhelmed instead of letting myself go down that spiral so easily, and that’s actually pretty major for me. Is it just the placebo affect up in here? I’ll be honest and say that I really don’t know, but a difference is a difference and right now I’m happy to be giving it a try! I’m not going to be much help in the information department (clearly) but check out my girl Kristen’s instagram if you’re interested in learning more!
Fun & Games
- Christopher’s siblings have a game night every month, and a current favorite for everyone is this epic game called Mysterium, which is like Clue except you can communicate with the dead guy. It’s a collaborative game that we all love to play and although Chris and I don’t own it yet, it’s 100% going on our Christmas wishlists this year.
- I’ve been super into pretty much anything Andrew Peterson sings lately, but this song is especially phenomenal. (Prefer to listen on youtube? Check it out here!)
Christopher & Jessica
- I honestly cannot even believe I’m typing this, but when I asked Chris for a favorite from this season, his genuine answer was… Pepsi Fire. Yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like. Yes, that means it’s spicy Pepsi. And no, you should not spend $34 to buy this on amazon. Apparently it’s delicious, but I’ll never agree to try it, so you’ll have to take Chris’ word for it on this one.
- Jessica’s choice this super adorable phone game called Neko Atsume, where you collect adorable kittens and hope that they visit you in your digital home. Pretty sweet, for sure. <3
Precious & Treasured
- -We’ve been SUPER busy this fall, as I said before, but we’ve really been prioritizing spending time together when we’re able to, which has been an awesome, wonderful thing for us. I’m just so grateful for my family, you guys. <3
- -You *may* have noticed that things look a little different around here – that’s because I’ve been working my tush off getting my new blog design set up and ready! I truly hope you all love it as much as I do!
What have you been enjoying this fall? Anything I need to check out? Let me know!!