I know we’re already into July, but with the crazy month of June I’ve had, it really hasn’t started to feel like summer until now, so I’m finally getting my Summer Bucket List together and wanted to share it with you all. This summer has started off a bit more strange and complicated than planned, but I’m trying to jump into life headfirst and worry less about what was “supposed to happen” and more about what I’m going to make happen because of it! I’d love to hear what you all have in mind for the summer, too – maybe it’ll give me some ideas to add to the list!
My 2018 Summer Bucket List
- Read ten books. This counts audiobooks or physical books! I love reading so much and had been really killin’ it on the reading front (I have a Goodreads Reading Challenge going right now and I’m currently ahead of my goal! BOOM!) but in the last few months I’ve really slowed down on my reading and I’d like to pick it back up again!
- Take a road trip. Christopher and I LOVE road trips and I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to take another one this summer. There’s just something about hanging out in the car together that I love love love!
- Make at least three new dishes that we’ve never tried before. For many people this would be a simple task, but historically I struggle in the kitchen, so three completely new dishes is actually a big task for me. Wish me luck!
- Go to the farmer’s market. There’s one across the street from my house, so this one should be easy, but I often forget it’s going on until it closes, so I really want to make an effort to head over there and check it out this summer.
- Check out one of the historical buildings in my town. I’ve never actually been into any of the historical buildings or museums in our town, even though I’m a total nerd and LOVE that kind of stuff. I think it’s one of those things where you live there so it doesn’t cross your mind to visit, you know? I wanna make that happen this summer!
- Go to the pool! This might sound crazysauce but last year I don’t think I went to the pool ONCE over the summer. Like…what?! How did I even manage that? So clearly I can’t allow that to happen again.
- Take a one-on-one trip with Jess when she comes home. Not sure where that will be yet, but I want to make sure Jess and I go on an adventure before she starts school up again in the fall.
- Visit an amusement park! No need to clarify this one – just pure fun! 😉
- Take daily walks around the neighborhood several times a week. I just LOVE our neighborhood and I should remember to take it all in before the crazy New England snow is upon us again!
- Practice my photography skills! Photography is my new side project and passion and I love wandering around or recruiting friends and family to let me take pictures of them so I can practice my skills. I wanna make this even more of a priority this summer, when there’s lots of light and lots of folks around willing to help!
So there you have it – my 2018 Summer Bucket List! What kind of things are on your list this summer? Let me know!